Cheyenne, capital of Wyoming, may seem like it is winning the fight agai...
by Cooper Smith | |
Cooper Smith earned his Bachelor’s in Writing for Entertainment from Full Sail University. While he was initially interested in a career in television, he saw an issue in his community and felt compelled to do something more. Now, he uses his knowledge to reach out to people who may need help and make the public aware of issues we are facing as a society. When he isn’t behind a computer, Cooper travels somewhere new.
- Ali, Tanveer; Charles, Sam. (2018). A 4-Block Radius on the West Side Is at the Heart of Chicago's Opioid Epidemic. Retrieved June 28th, 2018 from https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/opioids-heroin-fentanyl-west-side-data/
- County Health Ranking snd Roadmaps. (2016). Illinois. Retrieved June 28th, 2018 from http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/illinois/2018/measure/factors/138/data
- Elejalde-Ruiz, Alexia. (2018). Illinois Emergency Rooms See 66 Percent Spike in Opioid Overdose Visits: Report. Retrieved June 28th, 2018 from http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-opioid-overdoses-emergency-rooms-0307-story.html
- Healthy Chicago. (2017). Epidemiology Report: Increase in Overdose Deaths Involving Opioids — Chicago, 2015-2016. Retrieved June 28th, 2018 from https://www.cityofchicago.org/content/dam/city/depts/cdph/tobacco_alchohol_and_drug_abuse/2016ChicagoOpioidReport.pdf
- Holpuch, Amanda. (2015). A Chicago Neighborhood's Endless Battle to Stop Open Air Drug Markets. Retrieved June 28th, 2018 from https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/20/chicago-street-drugs-garfield-park
- Kryt, Jeremy. (2017). How Mexican Cartels Prey on Chicago's Chaos. Retrieved June 28th, 2018 from https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-mexican-cartels-prey-on-chicagos-chaos?ref=scroll
- Schorsch, Kristen. (2017). In Withdrawal: Treating the Babies of Illinois' Opioid Crisis. Retrieved June 28th, 2018 from http://www.chicagobusiness.com/section/opioids-nicu
Get started on the road to recovery.
Questions about treatment?
Get confidential help 24/7. Call now for:
- Access to top treatment centers
- Caring, supportive guidance
- Financial assistance options
See how Jerry
Get Answers to Your Questions
Is your loved one
in need of help?
Sign-up for our newsletter
Vital perspectives on fighting addiction delivered straight to your inbox.