Huntington is currently struggling with severe opioid abuse; the city se...
by Jeffrey Juergens | |
Jeffrey Juergens earned his Bachelor’s and Juris Doctor from the University of Florida. Jeffrey’s desire to help others led him to focus on economic and social development and policy making. After graduation, he decided to pursue his passion of writing and editing. Jeffrey’s mission is to educate and inform the public on addiction issues and help those in need of treatment find the best option for them.
- Drug Abuse.gov. (2014). Drug Abuse in Detroit, Wayne County, and Michigan: 2013 Retrieved on March 9th at https://www.drugabuse.gov/sites/default/files/detroit2014.pdf
- MDHHS. (2018). Women Specialty Services. Retrieved on March 9th at http://www.michigan.gov/mdhhs/0,5885,7-339-71550_2941_4871_4877_48561-148754--,00.html
- MSP. (2017). Opioid Addiction Assistance Program Expands Statewide; Angel Program Now Available at all 30 MSP Posts. Retrieved on March 9th at http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,4643,7-123-1586_1710-455848--,00.html
- SAMHSA. (2017). Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant. Retrieved on March 9th at https://www.samhsa.gov/grants/block-grants/sabg
- Toronto Sun. (2016). Detroit most violent big city in U.S. in 2016: FBI. Retrieved on March 9th at http://torontosun.com/2017/09/26/detroit-most-violent-big-city-in-us-in-2016-fbi/wcm/3f2bbb5e-8929-406d-aacf-5537d1291b13
Get started on the road to recovery.
Questions about treatment?
Get confidential help 24/7. Call now for:
- Access to top treatment centers
- Caring, supportive guidance
- Financial assistance options
Get Answers to Your Questions
Is your loved one
in need of help?
Sign-up for our newsletter
Vital perspectives on fighting addiction delivered straight to your inbox.