Photo of Kelly Fitzgerald

Kelly Fitzgerald

Kelly Fitzgerald is a sober writer based in Southwest Florida who is best known for her personal blog <a href="http://sobersenorita.com/" rel="nofollow noopener">The Adventures of a Sober Señorita</a>. Her work has been published across the web including sites like The Huffington Post, Thought Catalog, Ravishly, SheKnows, Elite Daily, The Fix, Brit + Co, Addiction Unscripted and AfterPartyMagazine. She is currently writing a memoir.

Posts by Kelly Fitzgerald

Back to blog

Why Alcohol Is the Deadliest Drug

Kelly Fitzgerald ❘

There is a tendency to believe alcohol is ok, not dangerous, and an acceptable form of relaxation, but alcohol is actually the deadliest drug of all.

5 Things to Remember About Sobriety During Holidays

Kelly Fitzgerald ❘

The holidays can bring up a lot for those in recovery. Here are 5 strategies to help you maintain sobriety during the holidays.

5 Ways to Know if You Have a Drinking Problem

Kelly Fitzgerald ❘

If you’re reading this, you might be wondering, how do you know if you have a drinking problem? How do you know if it’s time to stop drinking?

5 Ways Sobriety Translates into Our Everyday Life

Kelly Fitzgerald ❘

Getting sober isn’t just about abstinence from alcohol and drugs. It’s so much more than that. Sobriety translates into our everyday lives.

5 Myths about Recovery, Debunked

Kelly Fitzgerald ❘

There are a ton of stereotypes and stigma that surround addiction and recovery that need to be dispelled. Here are 5 recovery myths debunked.

5 Ways to Deal with Anxiety when You’re Sober

Kelly Fitzgerald ❘

Many people who suffer from social anxiety use drinking as a coping mechanism. This may ultimately result in alcohol addiction, and possibly worsen anxiety.

5 Ways Sobriety Improved My Personal Relationships

Kelly Fitzgerald ❘

Getting sober has countless benefits. We are clear headed and we begin to take a look at negative behavioral patterns in our personal relationships.

5 Alcoholism Red Flags I Ignored

Kelly Fitzgerald ❘

When you’re struggling with alcoholism, denial can be a powerful thing. In my experience, I exhibited many alcoholism red flags that I chose to ignore.

3 Ways to Tell Your Date You’re Sober

Kelly Fitzgerald ❘

Many who are in recovery find that dating sober is very hard in the current dating scene. Here are 3 ways you can let a love interest know.

Treatment professionals are waiting for your call

(855) 826-4464

Take control of your life

Our treatment providers offer 24/7 assistance.

• Access to top treatment centers
  • Caring, supportive guidance
  • Financial assistance options

Call now:

(855) 826-4464

OR

Have us call you:

(877) 746-0480

Where do calls go?

Calls to numbers on a specific treatment center listing will be routed to that treatment center. Additional calls will also be forwarded and returned by one of our treatment partners below.

All calls are private and confidential. Find out more about Addiction Center.

A treatment facility paid to have their center promoted here. Learn more about how to be featured in a paid listing.