About SUWS of the Carolinas
SUWS is treatment center catering to 10 to 17 years old youth battling behavioral and substance abuse problems. Our dedicated team of licensed doctor’s, therapists, nurses and recovery specialists ensure we treat your child’s disorder with professionalism and knowledge. We are located in North Carolina, at the base of the historic Blue Ridge mountains. We are conveniently located within an hour of Ashville, and 2 hours west of Charlotte.
SUWS has a state-of-the-art facility with a 2,000 feet elevation level to treat a myriad of disorders. Children can heal from depression, problematic emotional regulation, trauma, anger issues, and anxiety. We also assist out young patients with family and school problems, so they have the tools to succeed in life. Our facility offers our 14 to 17 aged patients 4 types of therapy to better personalize their treatment needs. These unique treatment program includes our:
- Bravo and Luna Program, our addiction and mental program for 14 to 17-year-old boys (Bravo) and girls (Luna)
- Phenix Outdoor, our wilderness-inspired treatment substance abuse program for 13 to 17-year olds
- Approach Program, our wilderness-inspired treatment programs to heal emotional and mental conditions
- Seasons Program, a treatment for 10-13 years old combining fun and creativity while healing mental/emotional conditions.
We treat the full spectrum of substance disorders including prescription drugs and synthetic marijuana. Behavioral and emotional conditions like Bipolar disorders, depression, hostility is a focus. We seek to heal co-occurring disorders in teens with clinical approaches. Our unique approach offers patients adventure with the focus on eliminating harmful behaviors. Children learn how to trust and connect to who they are at their best.
- Pain Killers
- Prescription Drugs
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Addiction & Substance Abuse
- Dual Diagnosis
- Depression & Anxiety
- Adventure Therapies
- Hiking Activities
- Day School Activities
- Mountain View
- Private Setting
- Adventure Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Equine Therapy
- Wilderness Therapy
- American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Department of Agriculture
- North Carolina Health and Human Services
- Outdoor Behavioral HealthCare
- Safe Zone Project
- Sky's The Limit Fund
- The Jason Foundation
Contact SUWS of the Carolinas
I can't say enough about the how great the program is here. The staff really went above and beyond! It is a true testament to how much the staff truly cares about helping.
I have never worked for a company that is as dedicated to the families served as SUWS of the Carolinas. In my past work as a therapist in a variety of treatment settings, nothing has compared to the intensity, impact and quality of treatment that is provided here. Experienced wilderness clinicians, extremely competent and caring staff, a safe, supportive environment and the beauty of the natural world. Can't get any better than that.
Never did I think I would need a place like this. But I did. There aren't words to describe how much this place and its staff saved my daughter. The staff, including the therapists, approach it with love but accountability. The communication with me as the parent was phenomenal and I never felt alone in the journey because of the staff.
SUWS helped my daughter make the positive changes she needed. She has become more self aware and responsible. We had some serious behavior problems before that are 90% gone now. The staff at SUWS were so supportive and caring. It was a hard decision to send her there, but absolutely no regrets.