As one of the largest cities in Colorado, Colorado Springs is in the mid...
by Nathan Yerby | |
Nathan Yerby is a writer and researcher who has two Bachelor's degrees from the University of Central Florida. Nathan wants to help people who are struggling with substance abuse find the treatment that they need to improve their lives.
- Department of Justice, U.S. Attorney’s Office, District of South Dakota. (2018). Sioux Falls Meth Dealers Sentenced to Federal Prison in Multi-State Drug Conspiracy. Retrieved on October 24, 2018, from https://www.justice.gov/usao-sd/pr/sioux-falls-meth-dealers-sentenced-federal-prison-multi-state-drug-conspiracy
- Mercer, Bob. (2018). South Dakota set a record for suicides in 2017. Capital Journal. Retrieved on October 24, 2018, from https://www.capjournal.com/news/south-dakota-set-a-record-for-suicides-in/article_9e86d57a-f75e-11e7-aeee-e7ac1ae73e9e.html
- Oregon Health and Science University. (2016). Results from the South Dakota Health Survey. Retrieved on October 24, 2018, from https://www.sdstate.edu/sites/default/files/soc/rlcdc/i-o/upload/Schultz-Survey-Results-Slides-w-all-extra-maps-for-SD-demographic-conf-May-2016.pdf
- Pfankuch, Bart. (2018). Opioid fentanyl causing spike in overdoses in South Dakota. South Dakota News Watch. Retrieved on October 24, 2018, from https://www.sdnewswatch.org/stories/opiod-fentanyl-causing-spike-in-overdoses-in-south-dakota/
- Sneve, Joe. (2018). Top cops give Sioux Falls City Council their assessment of community crime, drug use. Argus Leader. Retrieved on October 24, 2018, from https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/city/2018/03/13/top-cops-give-sioux-falls-city-council-their-assessment-community-crime-drug-use-marty-jackley/422833002/
- South Dakota Department of Health. (2017). South Dakota's Targeted Statewide Response to the Opioid Crisis. Retrieved on October 24, 2018, from https://doh.sd.gov/documents/news/SDOpioidAbuseStrategicPlan.pdf
- South Dakota Opioid Summary. (last revised 2018). National Institute on Drug Abuse. Retrieved on October 24, 2018, from https://www.drugabuse.gov/drugs-abuse/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/south-dakota-opioid-summary
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). (2017). Behavioral Health Barometer South Dakota, Volume 4. Retrieved on October 24, 2018, from https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/SouthDakota_BHBarometer_Volume_4.pdf
Get started on the road to recovery.
Questions about treatment?
Get confidential help 24/7. Call now for:
- Access to top treatment centers
- Caring, supportive guidance
- Financial assistance options
See how Jerry
Get Answers to Your Questions
Is your loved one
in need of help?
Sign-up for our newsletter
Vital perspectives on fighting addiction delivered straight to your inbox.